THE Costa del Sol is preparing for a bumper golfing summer with legions of professionals and amateurs on their way.
Golfers will be teeing up in their hundreds in the dozens of championships and professional tournaments set to take place throughout the year.
Andalucia will see the Andalucia Valderrama Masters, the Women’s Spanish Open, Match Play Andalucia Circuit and the European circuit, a key tour on the PGA calendar.
Tourism chief Elias Bendodo has declared the region a key global sports destination to reflect the economic boost golf brings.
The sport attracts almost €1 billion to the Costa each year.
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05