A BANK robber foiled his own getaway after insisting on counting the money he demanded.
José Luis García Morato was recognised in the La Caixa bank in Puerto Serrano, Cadiz, following a knifepoint robbery in which he took €500.
Instead of fleeing the scene quickly, the masked bandit began to count his haul at the cash desk, giving witnesses good time to clock his measurements and ring the police.
He also revealed his voice after telling the cashier he needed the money to pay his drug dealer following a party the night before.
The Guardia Civil arrested Garcia soon after in a local neighbourhood, who was already wanted on an arrest warrant for not serving other offences.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33