THE lover suspected of murdering missing Scottish expat Lisa Brown has been freed on bail.
A Spanish judge granted Simon Corner, 35, bail after a witness claimed to have seen Brown, 33, hours after she vanished from her Costa del Sol home in Guadiaro in 2015.
Corner, from Liverpool, fled Spain to Denmark following her disappearance, but was extradited back to the country where he was kept in custody.
After paying a £8,365 bail fee Corner was released and will remain free until trial.
Brown’s sister, Helen Jordan, expressed the family’s outrage at the judge’s decision: “We’re shocked and disgusted. But it won’t beat us, our work will continue to get justice for Lisa.”
Her brother, Craig Douglas, said: “We were informed he was released on bail.
“We were not given any reason. I think the Spanish police are annoyed given the amount of work they have put in.”
It will soon be decided whether or not Corner will be charged with the murder or for a lesser crime.
However if there is little hope of conviction, the case may be shelved.
It is feared mum-of-one Brown was killed at the home she shared with Corner in Guadiaro after police found buried objects close to the residence.
Police suspect that the murderer may have dumped her body into the sea.
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47