THE lover suspected of murdering missing Scottish expat Lisa Brown has been freed on bail.
A Spanish judge granted Simon Corner, 35, bail after a witness claimed to have seen Brown, 33, hours after she vanished from her Costa del Sol home in Guadiaro in 2015.
Corner, from Liverpool, fled Spain to Denmark following her disappearance, but was extradited back to the country where he was kept in custody.
After paying a £8,365 bail fee Corner was released and will remain free until trial.
Brown’s sister, Helen Jordan, expressed the family’s outrage at the judge’s decision: “We’re shocked and disgusted. But it won’t beat us, our work will continue to get justice for Lisa.”
Her brother, Craig Douglas, said: “We were informed he was released on bail.
“We were not given any reason. I think the Spanish police are annoyed given the amount of work they have put in.”
It will soon be decided whether or not Corner will be charged with the murder or for a lesser crime.
However if there is little hope of conviction, the case may be shelved.
It is feared mum-of-one Brown was killed at the home she shared with Corner in Guadiaro after police found buried objects close to the residence.
Police suspect that the murderer may have dumped her body into the sea.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25