A ‘RING of steel’ is being installed around Mallorca to prevent Tunisia-style terror massacres.
Scores of armed police are set to descend on holiday hotspots to patrol key threats, both on mainland Spain and the Balearics.
Spain remains at level four of the anti-terror alert, the second-highest of a scale of five.
The Guardia Civil has also deployed more maritime patrol vessels in its territorial waters to control the Balearic coastline.
The deadly Tunisia Sousse massacre in 2015 saw terrorists open fire on a tourist-packed beach, killing 38.
Spain is fearful of a similar attack, especially given the country’s increasing popularity with European holidaymakers, in particular Brits.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31