IT has only been a decade in the making.
But finally, a few of the Olive Press team have actually been to see our paper making it off the presses.
Publisher Jon Clarke and news editor Laurence Dollimore were on hand to welcome in the first few issues of our third edition in Mallorca.
After an initial hiccup when one of the massive machines broke down, the talented team of printers at Omniprint oversaw a print run of 10,000 copies.
Over in under an hour the first edition was pulled together, packaged and ready to go out of the door of the giant printworks in Santa Maria del Cami by midnight.
“It was a proud moment and by 10am the following morning there were hundreds of people seen reading the paper in Portal Nous, Andratx and Palma,” said Clarke, who previously worked as a news reporter at the Mail on Sunday and Daily Mail.
After expanding around the whole of Andalucia and into Gibraltar two years ago, the Olive Press is now set to become firmly established on the stunning Balearic island.
“The best thing by far was taking a drive around the island a few days later and finding it in the lobby of a hotel in Soller and even in the Robert Graves museum in Deia,” added Clarke.
The paper will be readily available in the four corners of the island and every town and village every two weeks from now on.
Contact the team at 951 273 575 or [email protected] to find out the nearest location to find your popular paper voted ‘Spain’s Best Expat Paper’ in the London TESCA awards.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22