Molino del Santo, in stunning Grazalema Natural Park countryside, has picked up many awards over the years, including Best Countryside Hotel in Spain and Most Romantic Hotel in Spain.
The rural boutique hotel, in the village of Benaojan, close to Ronda, was set up by British owners Andy Chappell and Pauline Elkin in 1987.
The pair, who both trained as teachers back in the UK, fell in love with the historic former mill, which sits by a raging river.
Chappell insisted that part of the business’s success is down to trying new things.
“Apart from sampling delicious local food and wine, we have also tried numerous activities to be able to recommend them to guests.
“We have tried everything from hot air ballooning to guided walks and from horse-riding to cork-cutting, the list goes on.”
Since moving to Spain to follow their dream the pair have had two daughters Carme and Rossi and turned the restaurant into easily one of the region’s best.
There have been numerous celebrity guests, such as Jamie Oliver, while current Lib Dem leader Tim Farron even had his honeymoon there.
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06