MALLORCA storyteller Shirley Roberts is launching her latest island initiative.
Humans Of Mallorca, a new Facebook page, sees Shirley hit the streets to uncover the real lives of Mallorquins, expats and tourists.
Well-known Soller journalist Shirley, who appears regularly on Radio One’s Frank Leavers show, is finding people are happy to open up – often with remarkable personal tales.
“I spoke to one woman who was instrumental in bringing Roman Abramovich to Chelsea,” she told the Olive Press.
“Everybody loves to talk about themselves, and I am genuinely interested in people. And I can shut up for five minutes!
“Before you know it they are letting you take their photograph.”
Inspired by the hugely popular Humans of New York page, which has seen Barack Obama, Venus Williams reveal all, Shirley believes Mallorca’s bustling island life is perfect for its own version.
If you see Shirley, camera in hand, get ready to tell your story.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00