MALLORCA have been relegated to Segunda B after drawing 2-2 with Mirandes.
The humiliating descent out of Spain’s full-time professional leagues was confirmed on the penultimate day of the season at already-relegated Mirandes.
Maikel Mesa and Iker Guarrotxena put the home side 2-0 up within 34 minutes to leave Mallorca with a mountain to climb.
Juan Emmanuel Culio’s strike pulled the visitors closer, but Dejan Lekic’s 87th minute equaliser was too little too late.
Mallorca lie four points from safety with one game remaining, and will now pla in Segunda B for the first time since the 1980-81 season.
Owner Robert Sarver bought the club last season, but is now facing tough questions after Mallorca’s embarrassing fall from grace
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00