A NEW Spanish football academy is spearheading the search for the next Ronaldo as it opens its doors in Marbella.
Top Soccer Center will invite aspiring professionals aged 16-22 to develop and learn from Fifa Pro Licenced Coaches and visiting La Liga players.
While most academies focus solely on development, TSC also field the squads as a team affiliated with Marbella FC, with scouts coming to watch the players.
Marketing Director John Hayward, 54, told the Olive Press the paid-for experience is ‘unique’.
“We will welcome not only national but international players for theoretical and practical training,” he said.
“Players will train in the gym and the swimming pool and we will put them up in hotels near the academy.
“They can do two weeks, three weeks, and we specialise in certain skills.
“What makes us different is the club runs in conjunction with the academy.
“It’s a window for scouts.”
TSC offers season-long courses, as well as short summer camps.
“The people involved have worked in management for over 15 years, in Portugal, in France, Belgium and Spain,” added Hayward.
Those interested in applying to the school should email [email protected] for more information.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02