A MALLORCA hotel has cast doubt on a Brit mum claiming her baby was almost kidnapped while on holiday.
Blaise Deacon says a mystery woman tried to snatch her 23-month-old daughter from Calas de Mallorca’s HYB Eurocalas hotel.
The woman allegedly grabbed the tot and told Ms Deacon she was taking her while her partner and sister were in the toilet.
Ms Deacon claimed the hotel ‘refused to call the police as it would make the hotel look bad’.
But a hotel spokesperson hit back, saying:”We aren’t aware that the clients have reported to the facts to the police or to the judge as was recommended at the time.
“The hotel has looked at the CCTV recordings and hasn’t been able to establish anybody that matches the description given by the mother.”
The spokesperson added: “It’s not true that the hotel refused to call the police. We behaved in a diligent way, offering all our support.”
Ms Deacon, from Kent, said the woman came up to her around 11pm on Saturday night and put her arms round the child.
“The lady put her arms around her telling us that she was taking her. But I held on tight as my sister told her no. When the women realised she wasn’t getting her she took off running,” she said.
“I chased her and she ran out of the hotel into a car.”
She described the woman as blonde with dark skin, with police now investigating the claims.
The family returned to the UK last Tuesday.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00