IT is a transfer that will upset many a local.
Sky Sports pundit Jamie Redknapp is selling his Mallorca villa after a decade on the island, it can be revealed.
Ex-Liverpool and Spurs star Redknapp and wife Louise have had a second home in Bendinat for several years, but are rumoured to be saying adios to the luxury bolthole.
They had first bought the home in 2007 after a friend’s wedding on the island.
Louise later revealed how Mallorca – and the nearby Portals Nous area – had ‘captured her heart’.
“There’s a marina below us, and you can watch the boats coming in and out of the harbour at just about any time of day,” said Louise.
“It’s a particularly special view at night, when you can see Palma twinkling, and the lights from the ships out on the bay dancing on the waves.”
The area is a big hit with celebrities, with the likes of John Bishop, Ryan Giggs and Jamie Carragher often spotted relaxing in nearby restaurants and cafes.
The Redknapps were pictured with John Barnes and his family two years ago at their home.
It is not known if they are looking to buy another home on the island.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00