AUTHORITIES are attempting to track down a senior member of the Kinahan cartel who is believed to have fled to Spain.
Cops want to question the unnamed individual over the fatal shooting of Noel ‘Duck Egg’ Kirwan in Ireland last December.
The Irish Gardai believe the criminal, aged in his early 30s, had a role in the dad-of-four’s murder and want to question him on his whereabouts on the night of the killing.
He is not thought to have carried out the murder himself.
Kirwan, 62, killed in front of his partner at their west Dublin home on December 22.
He was not involved in the ongoing Hutch/Kinahan feud and was considered a soft target.
“Gardai from other districts have been told to arrest this individual if he is sighted but he hasn’t been seen in Ireland in several weeks,” a source said.
“The likelihood is that he has fled to meet up with his other associates in Spain.”
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14