AUTHORITIES are attempting to track down a senior member of the Kinahan cartel who is believed to have fled to Spain.
Cops want to question the unnamed individual over the fatal shooting of Noel ‘Duck Egg’ Kirwan in Ireland last December.
The Irish Gardai believe the criminal, aged in his early 30s, had a role in the dad-of-four’s murder and want to question him on his whereabouts on the night of the killing.
He is not thought to have carried out the murder himself.
Kirwan, 62, killed in front of his partner at their west Dublin home on December 22.
He was not involved in the ongoing Hutch/Kinahan feud and was considered a soft target.
“Gardai from other districts have been told to arrest this individual if he is sighted but he hasn’t been seen in Ireland in several weeks,” a source said.
“The likelihood is that he has fled to meet up with his other associates in Spain.”
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27