THE number of cruise ship passengers visiting the Balearic Islands has fallen 11.2% in the first five months of 2017.
Ports have registered a total of 200 cruises up until May.
During the same period, some 441,851 tourists disembarked from cruise ships in the Balearics.
Across Spain, the number was also down, with a 1.34% drop in cruise ship passengers.
In total, 1,400 cruise liners visited the country, 20 less than in the first five months of last year.
Barcelona was the port with the heaviest traffic, with 770,501 passengers exploring the Catalan capital.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00