TOLO Cursach’s nephew has been sentenced to 15 months in prison for threatening a witness.
Pedro Rosselló Cursach was found guilty of intimidating a protected witness who is giving evidence against the infamous nightclub owner.
But the judge suspended the sentence for two and a half years on the condition Rossello Cursach does not commit another crime.
He also ordered that Rossello Cursach should be released from prison, where he has been held since April on suspicion of paying bribes to police officers.
Rossello Cursach was said to have visited the witness’s house and used threatening language.
“We know everything. Your judge lives in Forti and walks his dog. Things won’t end well for you,” he is alleged to have said
Rossello Cursach was also ordered to pay a fine of €5,400.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00