UPDATE: Man shot dead confirmed as suspect Younes Abouyaaqoub, a 22-year-old Moroccan-born, who officers believe was the driver in last week’s Barcelona terror attack.
ARMED police have ‘shot a man wearing a suicide belt’ in Subirats, some 30km west of Barcelona.
Catalan cops confirmed an ‘incident’ was underway in the town, which sits on the outskirts of Barcelona.
It comes after people reported a suspicious person in the area to police.
Mossos d’Esquadra, the Catalan police force, tweeted: “4:39pm: Police operation in progress at Subirats. Spread only official information.”
The man was wearing a belt of explosives attached to his body, according to Spanish media outlet SERCat.
More to follow…
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22