LABOUR Minister Iago Negueruela has called for the immediate sacking of Aena president José Manuel Vargas ‘because he seeks to increase profits at the expense of precarious working conditions for workers.’
Aena is Spain’s largest airport manager, responsible for the running of the country’s largest airports including Palma’s.
Negeruela blames Vargas, ‘for the many chaotic situations that Spanish airports are experiencing’, the minister who is also spokesman for PSIB, the socialist party of the Balearic Islands
Negueruela met with union representatives of airport workers to discuss the upcoming bill PSIB has proposed, which defends airport employees’ working rights.
Along with removal of Vargas, the party’s initiative also urges Aena to ‘incorporate social clauses in public procurement that do not allow for labour auctions’.
They urge the management company to ensure quality employment, stability, decent wages and other beneficial aides.
- Sexy gingers who want a trip to Ibiza CLICK HERE - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42