A TWO-YEAR-OLD toddler found face down in a Mallorca hotel pool is recovering in hospital.
A lifeguard dived into the pool at Hotel Marins Playa in Cala Bona to rescue the tot, performing CPR on him.
The child was taken to Son Espases Hospital in a serious condition, but a Marins Playa staff member told the Olive Press the youngster is now on the mend.
“He is good. He will stay one more night. I spoke to family and friends and they told me has spoken to his family,” he said.
“The boy was German, not British. The lifeguard here did a great job.”
The incident happened at 12.30pm on Wednesday.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00