THERESA May’s speech today in Florence, Italy was an opportunity to send out signals of clarity following widespread criticism about how the government is handling the Brexit process.
Bremain in Spain a group of volunteers campaigning for the UK to remain in the European Union respond to May’s speech.
Sue Wilson, Chair of Bremain in Spain, comments: “If May’s intention was to facilitate progress in the negotiations, I fear she will be disappointed. As per usual, we have more soundbites than substance.
“I can’t believe anything she said today would persuade the EU27 that sufficient progress has been made to move forward.”
Wilson adds: “Many of us feel prouder of being European than British, thanks to Brexit.
“It’s abundantly clear that May has no authority left in the UK or the world stage. The sooner she and her government realise that the EU holds all the cards, the better.”
Crowds of protestors carrying placards swamped the area where May was giving her speech saying their rights were not being represented.
Bremain in Spain will be participating in the ‘Stop Brexit National March’ in Manchester on Sunday 1 October. The event will feature political heavyweights including Alistair Campbell, AC Grayling, Bonnie Greer, Alison McGovern and Richard Corbett.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11