BUSES have been attacked with eggs by angry locals in Levante de Mallorca.
Transport companies labelled Thursday night’s incident as a ‘serious crime’ against road safety which could have caused a fatal accident.
The six buses targeted were reported by three different companies, including the new TIB vehicles going from the airport to tourist resorts.
“Lives were endangered!” said the Tourist Transportation Federation for the Balearic Islands.
Drivers and passengers described the attack as terrifying as eggs cracked across the bus and wind screen.
The police have no leads as to who may have attacked the buses, nor if any ‘anti mass-tourism’ group such as Arran is behind it.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15