YACHTIES are set to take on Radio One in Mallorca’s hottest football derby on October 7.
The family event at Magaluf’s Baleares International College will raise money for local charity Parkinson’s Support Group Mallorca.
A week’s free car hire, green fees at the Marriott’s Son Atem Golf Club, fine wines and a day’s luxury charter motor yacht hire are all up for grabs in a raffle.
The event is the brainchild of Arrival Yachts’ Abby Lythgoe-Jenvey, whose father Ivan was
diagnosed with Parkinson’s 15 years ago.
“Dad moved out to Mallorca after his diagnosis and we think living here has probably saved his life because of the heat and doing exercise” said Abby.
“My company do an event for the yachties every October and we thought this year we should do something for Parkinson’s.”
Burgers, hot dogs and refreshments will be on hand for spectators, with doors opening at 2pm.
Entertainment will come from Birds of A Feather star Pauline Quirke’s Academy of Performing Arts and the Balearic International School.
Entrance is free, but donations to Parkinson’s Support Group Mallorca are appreciated.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00