OVER six hundred Malagueñans gathered in a last minute show of fervent Spanish unity ahead of the Catalonian referendum on Sunday.
The gathering was organised under the slogan of #EspanaSaleALaCalle or Spain Goes to the Street.
Ramón and Maria del Mar, a Malagueña couple in their 60s, came to support the rally as “we fee
l Spanish and we are proud to be Spanish.”
Meanwhile, similar rallies were held nationwide, with big demonstrations taking place in Madrid, Zaragoza and Cordoba today.
In Madrid, hundreds gathered waving Spanish flags and chanting ‘Spanish unity’ and ‘Don’t fool us – Catalonia is Spain.’
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33