THE Harvest Moon will shine bright tomorrow night.
This full moon, which is also known as the Blood Moon or Hunter’s Moon, guided hunters ahead of the lean winter.
It will fall on October 5 and be at its brightest at 8.40pm in Spain.
It usually comes around in September, but every three years it falls in October.
This particular name is given to the full moon which is closest to the September equinox, but as the astronomical seasons do not match up with the lunar month, it can sometimes fall in October.
Send your pictures of the moon to [email protected]
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- One in every seven euros into Spain’s economy comes from tourism - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- There is more than just good fish restaurants in the seaside resort of Manilva - 7 Mar, 2019 @ 15:23