FEARS are growing for a British mother who missed her flight home from the Costa del Sol last week.
Linda Campbell, 56, has not been heard from since 8am on Saturday morning.
Campbell, from the Scottish highlands, was due to fly home from Malaga last Wednesday.
“She left her resort on Wednesday by bus transfer and went to the airport,” her son Michael Campbell told the Olive Press, “We had a message off a lady who said she had seen Linda at the airport distressed and that there was an ambulance in attendance after the airport security called them.
“But this lady isn’t sure if Linda got taken away to a hospital, so we are wondering if she did and that’s how she’s ended up in Torremolinos.”
Linda contacted her son’s partner in the early hours of Saturday by he has not heard from her since.
“She said she was at the Hotel Natalie, they let her stay in the lobby overnight,” added Michael, “this was friday through saturday, her bag had been stolen and she had nothing, she seemed really distressed and panicked.”
Anyone with information contact [email protected] or contact Michael Campbell at 00441854613075.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27