BRITISH police believe a missing Manchester boy could be in southern Spain or Morocco.
Alex Batty from Oldham was reported missing on Sunday October 8 2017 after going on holiday with his family to Spain.
The 11-year-old went on the pre-agreed trip with his mother who does not currently have parental guardianship.
On Saturday 30 September they flew into Malaga Airport and stayed in the Benahavis area near Marbella.
Alex was due to return to England on Sunday October 8 2017 but never did.
Enquiries have since revealed the family left Benahavis and may have tried to head to Melilla in Morocco from the Port of Malaga on October 8.
Alex has not been seen since and although officers do not believe he is at risk of harm, they are concerned about his welfare and want to bring him home to his guardian.
He is white, about 5ft, slim, has blond hair and speaks with a northern accent.
Melanie Batty, 37, is wanted in connection with his abduction and officers are also trying to trace her with the help of Spanish authorities.
Detective Inspector Lindsay Booth from Oldham’s Public Protection Division said: “Our main priority is finding Alex and bringing him home.
His guardian is understandably extremely upset and although she heard from Alex on the 8 October, she has not heard from him since and is desperate to get him home.
“We have followed extensive enquiries and we know Melanie has visited Morocco a number of times before and we believe she could have travelled with Alex to there.
“Our last known location of Alex puts him near the Port of Malaga and boats run from there to Melilla in Morocco.
“I am appealing to anyone who recognises this young boy or Melanie, or has been in contact with them, to please get in touch with us.
“It might be that you were staying in the same resort as them, are friends from home and have heard from them through social media or texts, or that you might have some knowledge of their plans.
“I implore you, please get in touch with us or contact police if you are abroad.”
Anyone with any information should call police on 0161 856 8972 (+44 161 856 8972 if you are abroad) or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37