SEVILLA FC has confirmed that their manager told his players he was suffering from prostate cancer while the side was losing 3-0 to Liverpool.
Pundits were lost for words how Los Rojiblancos made their remarkable comeback after halftime, to draw the game 3-3.
However, the emotional admission from boss Eduardo Berizzo was surely behind the turn around.
“It was a crazy game,” said midfielder Ever Banega.
“We had to go back out with a positive attitude for the coach.
“He is the most important of us all and we are with him to the end,” he said.
The 48-year-old Argentine Berizzo has been in charge of Sevilla since May, 2017.
Sevilla FC sit second in their Champions League group after the Liverpool game with one game left to play.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33