Controversial ex-leader of UKIP, Nigel Farage, has been ridiculed after stating he plans to take his bumper EU pension.
“Of course I would take it. I have said that from day one. Why should my family and others suffer even more?” Farage said while appearing on the Andrew Marr show.
As an MEP, Farage, 53 is entitled to a taxpayer-funded pension of £73,000 when he reaches the age of 63.
Liberal Democrat Brexit spokesman Tom Brake said Farage’s attitude was unbelievable.
“Nigel Farage is a shameless hyprocite,” he said.
“He rails against the so-called EU gravy train, but is happy to cash in when it suits him.
“No doubt he also secretly backs the £50 billion Brexit divorce bill that includes money to pay for his EU pension.”
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33