A MENORCA beach has made the list of the worlds best beaches for its white sands and blue waters.
Only six beaches in Europe made the top 50, and Menorca’s famous Cala Mitjana is the only Spanish beach to make the list.
Cala Mitjana can be found on Menorca’s southern coast, tucked in the back of Cala Mitjana bay, and surrounded by tall pine trees to the North. The cosy beach can be reached after a 20 minute walk through the woods.
The vibrant beach made the list for ‘clover-coloured waters surrounded by breathtaking beauty’ and notes the worthwhile hike through the trees to get a birds-eye view of the cliffs and shorelines.
Cala Mitjana scored an impressive eight out of ten for ‘sheer untouched beauty’ on Flightnetwork’s well-researched top 50 list.
“Cala Mitjana is a small and beautiful sandy beach hidden in a rocky cove,” said Paul Dow, from TravMonkey, “Absolutely breathtaking with clear waters enclosed by plush sands and bounteous pines swaying cooly in the breeze. It is a natural wonder which enraptures your senses and surrounds you with a feeling of luxury.”
Number one beach in the world according to the list is the iconic Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15