STORM Ana might have done some damage around Mallorca, but none more so than to the Nopere family.
Algaida resident Steve Nopere, 34, has been missing ever since the Sunday storm swept him out to sea while fishing off the shore in Santa Ponsa. The father-of-two was with a friend catching some fish on his daughter’s fifth birthday when a huge wave swept him away from shore.
The coastguard spend the next few days searching the waters to no avail, failing to find any trace of the Belgian expat who moved to Mallorca two years ago.
Steve’s 26-year-old widow Jennifer and their two daughters are stuck in limbo until a more conclusive report can be made.
A Belgian JustGive page has been set up to help while family during this difficult time. www.leetchi.com/c/solidarite-de-jennifer-et-ses-filles
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15