A MALLORCAN golf course has been included in the prestigious Top 100 Golf Courses of Continental Europe 2018 for the first time.
Club de Golf Alcanada, already one of Spain’s most popular clubs, is now one of Europe’s most sort after courses, coming in 81st place.
The award-winning course looks over the Bay of Alcudia with the iconic lighthouse, its namesake, just offshore.
Owned by the Porsche family, the 18-hole circuit recently opened the Lighthouse Bar on the 10th tee.
Alcanada golf director Kristoff Both said: “This is fantastic news for us and Mallorca as a whole.
“There are some amazing courses throughout Europe, so to be held in similar esteem is a huge boost to the all the staff who work here.
“We will continue with all our hard work to ensure that we maintain or even try to better our ranking next year.”
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11