AN orange alert has been issued for Ronda as 10 centimetres of snow is expected to fall today.
The warning is in effect until 6pm today while the snow will accumulate on areas 1,000 metres above sea level.
In the Axarquía there is a yellow warning from 6am to 6pm due to snowfall, which is expected to be especially intense after 8.00 today.
The accumulation of snow will be above 900 meters and it hailstones have not been ruled out.
In the case of Antequera, the yellow alert will be raised at 3:00 pm today.
So far the snow has affected several roads in the province: A-397, A-369, A-7307 and A-367.
On the Costa del Sol and the Guadalhorce, the yellow rain warning has been activated until 6pm today, with an accumulation of 40 liters per square meter expected in just 12 hours.
Showers may also be accompanied by storms and hail.
In the province of Granada, the red level is active on the A-4132, from kilometer 25 to 41 in both directions towards the town of Trevélez.
The driving of trucks, articulated vehicles and buses has been prohibited.
In addition, the DGT has specified the obligatory nature of the use of winter chains or tires.
Also in the province of Granada, the black level remains active on the A-395, from km 32 to 36 in both directions, at the height of Sierra Nevada, so it is impassable, according to these sources.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26