AN orange alert has been issued for Ronda as 10 centimetres of snow is expected to fall today.
The warning is in effect until 6pm today while the snow will accumulate on areas 1,000 metres above sea level.
In the Axarquía there is a yellow warning from 6am to 6pm due to snowfall, which is expected to be especially intense after 8.00 today.
The accumulation of snow will be above 900 meters and it hailstones have not been ruled out.
In the case of Antequera, the yellow alert will be raised at 3:00 pm today.
So far the snow has affected several roads in the province: A-397, A-369, A-7307 and A-367.
On the Costa del Sol and the Guadalhorce, the yellow rain warning has been activated until 6pm today, with an accumulation of 40 liters per square meter expected in just 12 hours.
Showers may also be accompanied by storms and hail.
In the province of Granada, the red level is active on the A-4132, from kilometer 25 to 41 in both directions towards the town of Trevélez.
The driving of trucks, articulated vehicles and buses has been prohibited.
In addition, the DGT has specified the obligatory nature of the use of winter chains or tires.
Also in the province of Granada, the black level remains active on the A-395, from km 32 to 36 in both directions, at the height of Sierra Nevada, so it is impassable, according to these sources.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49