THE hail and snow is causing major complications on Malaga’s roads.
The bulk of the problems are in the Serrania de Ronda region.
Heavy traffic is being reported on the A-397, which joins Ronda with San Pedro de Alcantara, and the A-367, which connects Ardales with Ronda.
At the latter, trucks, high-tonnage vehicles and vehicles without snow chains are prohibited from driving.
More specifically, on the A-397, the Guardia Civil is blocking off traffic from kilometer 17 to 11 in both directions.
On the A-367, traffic is blocked off from kilometer 27 to 25 in both directions.
Many other roads have been affected by the snow, with the DGT warning of severe delays on the A-369, MA-8301, A-7307 and A-367.
Emergencies 112 Andalusia has attended more than thirty incidents so far today due to vehicles becoming stuck because of the snow in Ronda.
From 9am to 11am, the Emergency Number 112 has attended more than thirty notices of people whose vehicles have been trapped by the accumulation of snow on the road network of Ronda, Parauta, Igualeja, Benahavis, Cuevas del Becerro and Alpandeire, among others.
There have also been warnings of roads affected by snow accumulation in Parauta (MA-7305) and Colmenar (A-A7204).
State of the road A-397 (Ronda-San Pedro). Video uploaded by María del Carmen Río.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20