THE hail and snow is causing major complications on Malaga’s roads.
The bulk of the problems are in the Serrania de Ronda region.
Heavy traffic is being reported on the A-397, which joins Ronda with San Pedro de Alcantara, and the A-367, which connects Ardales with Ronda.
At the latter, trucks, high-tonnage vehicles and vehicles without snow chains are prohibited from driving.
More specifically, on the A-397, the Guardia Civil is blocking off traffic from kilometer 17 to 11 in both directions.
On the A-367, traffic is blocked off from kilometer 27 to 25 in both directions.
Many other roads have been affected by the snow, with the DGT warning of severe delays on the A-369, MA-8301, A-7307 and A-367.
Emergencies 112 Andalusia has attended more than thirty incidents so far today due to vehicles becoming stuck because of the snow in Ronda.
From 9am to 11am, the Emergency Number 112 has attended more than thirty notices of people whose vehicles have been trapped by the accumulation of snow on the road network of Ronda, Parauta, Igualeja, Benahavis, Cuevas del Becerro and Alpandeire, among others.
There have also been warnings of roads affected by snow accumulation in Parauta (MA-7305) and Colmenar (A-A7204).
State of the road A-397 (Ronda-San Pedro). Video uploaded by María del Carmen Río.
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06