The pair, around 40 years of age, were reportedly working as porters, carrying goods into Ceuta, when the hundreds of people trying to enter the enclave began to mount at around 5.30am.
Authorities say the ‘crush’ took place on a hill closest to the Moroccan frontier post of Bab Sebta.
It is here where authorities separate porters entering Ceuta from domestic workers going into the city, with porters entering the Spanish territory through the Tarajal II pedestrian crossing point and other workers using a different crossing.
Since last summer, women have been allowed to carry goods into Ceuta every Monday and Wednesday, while men have been permitted on Tuesday and Thursday.
However long queues of people and vehicles are still reported by Spanish media.
Reports say hundreds of people usually wait during the night for the opportunity to take their goods into Ceuta in the early hours of the morning when the frontier opens.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31