A MAN has tragically fallen to his death from the sixth-floor of his apartment block in Mallorca.
The 41-year-old realised he had locked himself out of his flat after leaving his keys inside his apartment before going out.
He went up to the roof of the building, which is located on Concordia Street in the Son Olive neighbourhood of Palma, to assess the situation.
After his neighbours refused to let him into his flat as they had not seen him before, he attempted to abseil down its wall onto his balcony.
However, the rope he used to make his desperate climb down did not support his weight and he ended up falling to his death below.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15