ANDALUCIA has a well-deserved reputation for having some of the world’s best single track trails, technical downhills and cross-country mountain biking.
My home in Montecorto is located on the edge of Granada’s Grazalema Natural Park and close to the Serrania de Ronda and the Sierra de Nieves.
From there I can ride vehicle-width dirt tracks all day long, dropping into villages like Setenil de la Bodegas, Grazalema, Zahara and El Burgo for lunch.
However, if I also want to test myself and push the limits, I can ride mile after mile of testing single track, tough climbs and fast flowing down hills.
Literally on our doorstep, we can enjoy anything from easy non-technical cross-country rides to Moab style ‘slick rock’ riding and anything in between.
I am a UK registered and qualified mountain bike instructor so when riding with clients I can, if required, incorporate skills and practices into their mountain biking to develop braking technique, body positioning and balance on the bike.
This often means that we will stop at sections of the trail that require a new level of skill for on-the-trail coaching.
This informal training usually results in an improvement in their technical ability and, therefore, their confidence.
For 14 years now I have explored this area on my mountain bike and have an unrivalled knowledge of the best places to ride and more importantly the best places for my clients to ride that will leave them pumped with adrenalin, a touch tired but also grinning from ear to ear at the end of the day!
If you fancy coming up and joining me for some bike riding, mountain biking or road cycling give me a call on 0034 952 184 042 (office) or 0034 677 028 469 (mobile).
- Read our latest newspapers: Andalucia, Mallorca, Costa Blanca & Gibraltar - 26 May, 2019 @ 09:35
- Meet Kaat Buelens, an expat Sabinillas restaurant owner and political underdog running to be your local councillor in Manilva - 25 May, 2019 @ 14:00
- Open letter from PP’s Javier Quero to people of Casares, as he bids to become mayor and ‘return Casares to its former glory’ - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:00
- WATCH: As featured in Olive Press, The Paradise Retreat that has won International Acclaim - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00