ONLY pre-registered visitors will be allowed access to Ternelles finca following a new ruling in the ongoing dispute between Pollensa town hall and the March family.
The March family have now given jurisdiction of guided visits to the Mediterranean Wildlife Foundation, however despite the new regulation passing on Monday, police were given orders to remain at the finca entrance and grant access to hikers.
Recognising that a permanent police presence is impossible to maintain Pollensa’s mayor, Miquel Àngel March, has stated that the public should contact the police if they find the barriers shut or access denied.
“I hope there’ll be no need for reinforcements. I trust that there will not be problems,” he said. While the town hall continues to maintain that it has the right to organise access without pre-authorisation, the March family states that visits from organised groups is the only way of protecting the black vulture population at Cala Castell and the Castell del Rei. Environment director for Mallorca Council, Josep Manchado, has come out in full support of the town hall’s position and stated he will be willing to assist further in the dispute.
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45