ONLY pre-registered visitors will be allowed access to Ternelles finca following a new ruling in the ongoing dispute between Pollensa town hall and the March family.
The March family have now given jurisdiction of guided visits to the Mediterranean Wildlife Foundation, however despite the new regulation passing on Monday, police were given orders to remain at the finca entrance and grant access to hikers.
Recognising that a permanent police presence is impossible to maintain Pollensa’s mayor, Miquel Àngel March, has stated that the public should contact the police if they find the barriers shut or access denied.
“I hope there’ll be no need for reinforcements. I trust that there will not be problems,” he said. While the town hall continues to maintain that it has the right to organise access without pre-authorisation, the March family states that visits from organised groups is the only way of protecting the black vulture population at Cala Castell and the Castell del Rei. Environment director for Mallorca Council, Josep Manchado, has come out in full support of the town hall’s position and stated he will be willing to assist further in the dispute.
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48