ONLY pre-registered visitors will be allowed access to Ternelles finca following a new ruling in the ongoing dispute between Pollensa town hall and the March family.
The March family have now given jurisdiction of guided visits to the Mediterranean Wildlife Foundation, however despite the new regulation passing on Monday, police were given orders to remain at the finca entrance and grant access to hikers.
Recognising that a permanent police presence is impossible to maintain Pollensa’s mayor, Miquel Àngel March, has stated that the public should contact the police if they find the barriers shut or access denied.
“I hope there’ll be no need for reinforcements. I trust that there will not be problems,” he said. While the town hall continues to maintain that it has the right to organise access without pre-authorisation, the March family states that visits from organised groups is the only way of protecting the black vulture population at Cala Castell and the Castell del Rei. Environment director for Mallorca Council, Josep Manchado, has come out in full support of the town hall’s position and stated he will be willing to assist further in the dispute.
- Why the friendly team at Edwards Estates find selling in Frigiliana a breeze - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08