ceSPANISH police have issued a public warning about a stolen lorry similar to the one used in the Berlin Christmas market attack in 2016.
Catalunya cops are concerned about the HGV’s disappearance because carnivals are about to begin in the region.
The vehicle is a 3.5 tonne Volvo with a white cabin and blue trailer and was taken from a haulage firm in Castellbisbal, a 45-minute drive north-west of Barcelona overnight on Sunday.
Local reports said the stolen Volvo lorry – numberplate FL618 B250 – had the inscription J.Pou on the driver’s door next to a Spanish mobile phone number.
An internal Mossos document, outlining a detailed description of the vehicle, said: “Between February 4 and 5 a 3.5 tonne lorry was stolen from the premises of a firm in Castellbisbal.
“Given that we are currently on terror alert level four and next week activities are being held to coincide with annual carnivals, we feel it is appropriate that this information is broadcast as soon as possible.”
The police force confirmed in a tweet: ‘We are investigating the theft of this lorry in Castellbisbal.’
UPDATE: The truck has been found
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20