ceSPANISH police have issued a public warning about a stolen lorry similar to the one used in the Berlin Christmas market attack in 2016.
Catalunya cops are concerned about the HGV’s disappearance because carnivals are about to begin in the region.
The vehicle is a 3.5 tonne Volvo with a white cabin and blue trailer and was taken from a haulage firm in Castellbisbal, a 45-minute drive north-west of Barcelona overnight on Sunday.
Local reports said the stolen Volvo lorry – numberplate FL618 B250 – had the inscription J.Pou on the driver’s door next to a Spanish mobile phone number.
An internal Mossos document, outlining a detailed description of the vehicle, said: “Between February 4 and 5 a 3.5 tonne lorry was stolen from the premises of a firm in Castellbisbal.
“Given that we are currently on terror alert level four and next week activities are being held to coincide with annual carnivals, we feel it is appropriate that this information is broadcast as soon as possible.”
The police force confirmed in a tweet: ‘We are investigating the theft of this lorry in Castellbisbal.’
UPDATE: The truck has been found
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23