A BRITISH woman has died after a three-car pile up in Spain.
The 77-year-old was killed after the car she was travelling in, driven by her husband, was hit head-on by another vehicle believed to have crossed over to the wrong side of the road.
The British couple, from Avon in the west of England, were holidaying in Tenerife when the tragic accident took place.
Her husband was said to be in a ‘serious condition’ when he was taken to hospital.
His condition is not currently known.
Two other people in the same car as her – also thought to be British – were taken to hospital after the pile-up.
The tragedy happened near the village of Piedra Hincada on the west of the island.
The woman who died, who has so far been identified only by her initials P.M.M, was travelling in the passenger seat of a Renault CLIO that was hit by a Ford Fiesta driven by a man who lives on the island.
The incident happened just after 11am yesterday on the TF-46 road.
A local emergency services coordinator said: “We were alerted just after 11am yesterday about a road traffic accident involving three vehicles on the TF-46 near Piedra Hincada in the municipality of Guia de Isora.
“One of the vehicles caught fire after the collision.
“Emergency response teams were activated immediately.
“Firemen found the fire had already been put out by the time they arrived and proceeded to free four of the casualties trapped inside two of the vehicles.
“The dead woman was found to be suffering cardiac arrest and efforts to save her failed.”
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52