A BRITISH woman has died after a three-car pile up in Spain.
The 77-year-old was killed after the car she was travelling in, driven by her husband, was hit head-on by another vehicle believed to have crossed over to the wrong side of the road.
The British couple, from Avon in the west of England, were holidaying in Tenerife when the tragic accident took place.
Her husband was said to be in a ‘serious condition’ when he was taken to hospital.
His condition is not currently known.
Two other people in the same car as her – also thought to be British – were taken to hospital after the pile-up.
The tragedy happened near the village of Piedra Hincada on the west of the island.
The woman who died, who has so far been identified only by her initials P.M.M, was travelling in the passenger seat of a Renault CLIO that was hit by a Ford Fiesta driven by a man who lives on the island.
The incident happened just after 11am yesterday on the TF-46 road.
A local emergency services coordinator said: “We were alerted just after 11am yesterday about a road traffic accident involving three vehicles on the TF-46 near Piedra Hincada in the municipality of Guia de Isora.
“One of the vehicles caught fire after the collision.
“Emergency response teams were activated immediately.
“Firemen found the fire had already been put out by the time they arrived and proceeded to free four of the casualties trapped inside two of the vehicles.
“The dead woman was found to be suffering cardiac arrest and efforts to save her failed.”
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38