A BRITISH woman has died after a three-car pile up in Spain.
The 77-year-old was killed after the car she was travelling in, driven by her husband, was hit head-on by another vehicle believed to have crossed over to the wrong side of the road.
The British couple, from Avon in the west of England, were holidaying in Tenerife when the tragic accident took place.
Her husband was said to be in a ‘serious condition’ when he was taken to hospital.
His condition is not currently known.
Two other people in the same car as her – also thought to be British – were taken to hospital after the pile-up.
The tragedy happened near the village of Piedra Hincada on the west of the island.
The woman who died, who has so far been identified only by her initials P.M.M, was travelling in the passenger seat of a Renault CLIO that was hit by a Ford Fiesta driven by a man who lives on the island.
The incident happened just after 11am yesterday on the TF-46 road.
A local emergency services coordinator said: “We were alerted just after 11am yesterday about a road traffic accident involving three vehicles on the TF-46 near Piedra Hincada in the municipality of Guia de Isora.
“One of the vehicles caught fire after the collision.
“Emergency response teams were activated immediately.
“Firemen found the fire had already been put out by the time they arrived and proceeded to free four of the casualties trapped inside two of the vehicles.
“The dead woman was found to be suffering cardiac arrest and efforts to save her failed.”
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29