A BRITISH expat has tragically died after falling down a flight of stairs in Spain.
Steve Parkin, 41, who moved to Mijas five years ago, suffered serious head injuries and later died at the Carlos Haya hospital in Malaga.
The Huddersfield-born Brit was living with his parents Christine and Jeff in Mijas and had run his own fish and chips business before working in advertising.
Mother Christine died in Spain last February after a short illness and Steven’s funeral was held at Fuengirola Crematorium where he had attended his mum’s service.
Steven leaves his dad and also aunties Pauline, Mary and Valerie.
Family friend Brian Hayhurst said: “Steve often joined the Huddersfield groups and gatherings here on the Costa. He was always a lively character with a never ending smile.
“His enigmatic personality and leadership skills were highlighted by the hundreds of heartfelt online tributes resulting in a memorial fund being set up.
“I do hope the idea being discussed of a Steve Parkin junior squash competition with trophy will go ahead, possibly at the Huddersfield Lawn Tennis and Squash Club.”
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26