A YOUNG Romanian will appear before a court in Spain after allegedly driving 200km/hr while drinking gin and filming himself.
The 21-year-old is accused of dangerous driving after the sharing the video on social media.
Denunciem penalment un jove que conduïa de manera temerària en un vídeo difós en les xarxes socials. Les imatges mostraven com conduïa a 200 km/h mentre bevia alcohol https://t.co/aYHnTi5O5V pic.twitter.com/NHU2aBVW1E
— Mossos (@mossos) February 25, 2018
The Mossos d’Esquadra in Catalunya launched an investigation after first seeing the video on February 16.
He allegedly drove on the A-2 and around Bell-Lloc in Lleida.
The suspect will now appear before a court to face reckless driving charges.
The Mossos said speeding or alcohol are two of the main causes of accidents on roads.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31