A YOUNG Romanian will appear before a court in Spain after allegedly driving 200km/hr while drinking gin and filming himself.
The 21-year-old is accused of dangerous driving after the sharing the video on social media.
Denunciem penalment un jove que conduïa de manera temerària en un vídeo difós en les xarxes socials. Les imatges mostraven com conduïa a 200 km/h mentre bevia alcohol https://t.co/aYHnTi5O5V pic.twitter.com/NHU2aBVW1E
— Mossos (@mossos) February 25, 2018
The Mossos d’Esquadra in Catalunya launched an investigation after first seeing the video on February 16.
He allegedly drove on the A-2 and around Bell-Lloc in Lleida.
The suspect will now appear before a court to face reckless driving charges.
The Mossos said speeding or alcohol are two of the main causes of accidents on roads.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19