SPRING is officially being delayed in Spain.
It’s thanks to a new cold front sweeping across the country, bringing snow, wind and low temperatures.
Despite tomorrow being the Spring Equinox, some 41 provinces have been issued with weather warnings by AEMET, with some regions forecast to receive a blanket of snow.
— InfoEmergencias (@InfoEmerg) March 19, 2018
Provinces in the north have been warned to brace for snow, including Cantabria, León, Segovia, Soria, Navarra and Asturias.
Snow is also expected in Jaén, Huesca, Zaragoza, Teruel, Albacete, Cuenca, Guadalajara, Ávila, Burgos, Palencia, Salamanca, Barcelona, Girona, Lleida, Tarragona, Madrid, Castellón, Cáceres, Lugo, Ourense, La Rioja, Álava, Gipuzkoa, Bizkaia and Murcia.
All have been issued with yellow alerts.
Coastal areas are being warned to expect strong winds and high seas, most notably in Almería, Cantabria, Tarragona, Castellón, Valencia, Ibiza y Formentera, Asturias and Murcia.
The coasts will more likely be hit by torrential rain than snow.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13