IT is the perfect place to hole up for a weekend escape.
And at just 20 minutes from Palma, it couldn’t be easier to get to.
Yet, despite its proximity to Mallorca’s capital, Son Viscos, in Valldemossa, is surrounded by some of the island’s most stunning countryside.
The B&B sits in amazing terraced grounds, with a profusion of plants, a wonderful bamboo grove, and two former Moorish mills.
There are some lovely views, including up to the nearby village, where composer Frederic Chopin once lived.
Each of the five well appointed rooms are decorated with a range of antiques picked up from around the world.
There is a big communal dining/sitting area, where you will eat a fabulously healthy breakfast in the morning.
Best of all though, are the walks around the area, which are (mostly) well-signposted and offer up some of the best scenery in Europe.
Ask the British/Venezuelan owners for their advice on where to start and the level of difficulty.
I took a rather convoluted yomp directly up the back of the hotel, cutting my way through deep undergrowth, before finally finding my way.
Many will simply prefer the easy ten minute stroll into the charming nearby village for a spot of lunch.
There are plenty of places to eat, including the rather eccentric QuitaPenas, which only really serves up one dish… a mixed plate of local meats, cheeses and other delicacies.
On a plus side it was fresh and organic and also served some good local wines.
For more information visit www.sonviscosvalldemossa.com
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00