ESTEPONA has won a hard-fought competition to take Mayfair’s position on the Spanish Monopoly board.
In total 16,589,649 votes were cast by the public over the two-month period, with Estepona coming on top with 571,778.
It will be joined by Mijas, another Malaga province, which came in tenth with 189,754 votes.
“This is the second time that the public has had the opportunity to decide the contents of a Spanish Monopoly edition. This time there has been a huge number of participants and we are proud to be one of the few countries in the world with our own Monopoly board,” said Ignacio Gaitán, marketing director at Hasbro Iberia.
The special edition is set to hit shops just in time for Christmas.
Interestingly the small towns of Pedroso and Arevalillo de Cega, also made the final list despite having under 200 inhabitants between them.
The complete line up is: Estepona, Alcobendas, Alcorcón, San Fernando, Elda, Utrera, Cartagena, Torrejón de Ardoz, Paterna, Mijas, Logroño, Guadalajara, Linares, Boadilla del Monte, Ponferrada, Zaragoza, Salamanca, Elche, Mérida, Alicante, Pedroso and Arevalillo de Cega.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00