But there are shopping centres still open as businesses look to cash in on the influx of tourists and relatives who have come to spend Semana Santa in Malaga.
See below which commercial centres are open.
Muelle Uno: Thursday and Friday from 12.00 to 00.00.
Puerto Marina Shopping: Thursday and Friday from 10.00 to 23.00.
Centro Comercial Miramar: Thursday and Friday from 10.00 to 22.00.
Corte Inglés Costa Mijas: Thursday and Friday from 10.00 to 22.00.
Parque Comercial La Cañada: Thursday and Friday from 10.00 to 22.00.
Corte Inglés Costa Marbella: Thursday and Friday from 10.00 to 22.00.
Corte Inglés El Capricho: Thursday and Friday from 9.00 to 21.00.
Rincón de la Victoria
Centro Comercial Rincón de la Victoria: Thursday from 10.00 to 22.00.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31