MALAGA will play host to the BMX World Tour Finals this September.
Organised by Vans, an American skateboarding apparel manufacturer, Rubén Alcántara skatepark has been selected as this year’s venue.
The World finals, which will take place on the 22nd and 23rd will directly follow the European Tour finals on the 21st.
The comes after the huge success of choosing Malaga last year for the World Tour qualifying venue, with the design and quality of the bowl the driving force behind the decision.
Sporting director of Vans BMXPro Cup, Jerry Badders said: “Rubén Alcántara park is made for BMX. Last year, the atmosphere and the professionalism was incredible in Malaga and we’re sure it will be the same this time around.”
American Chase Hawk won 2017 with Canadian Corey Walsh and Spaniard Sergio Layos coming in second and third.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00