I SHOULD be a happy dog. I live in a beautiful place. I am walked twice a day at least. Nearby there is a river with loads of sticks that get thrown for me.
I have been asked to write my column for The Olive Press again so I return to being a celebrity dog.
If I had the necessary equipment, which I haven’t because all rescue centre dogs are ‘seen to’, I’d have loads of adoring bitches pursuing me.
However you can’t trust a human. Just when you think things are going well, he-and-she-who-must-be-obeyed make a bad decision, no, worse than that, a disastrous decision for their canine so-called chum. And almost as bad as the above!
Those words a dog never wants to hear; “We’re going to become non meat eaters.”
How dare they? What is going through their tiny minds?
I’ve heard them muttering about cruelty to animals, saving the world’s resources, not wishing to see suffering …. Well what about me?
A huge bag of dried pellets and a couple of cups scooped into my bowl each day. And that’s it… I know who is suffering around here and it’s not them.
There used to be scraps, occasional lamb bones, lovely chicken leftovers – and now it’s tofu burgers and if I’m lucky a fish tail.
This is not a good way to start a new season at Molino del Santo.
Last year there were left over rashers and sausages from the hotel breakfast. This year it’s as though a culinary drought has descended.
“Let’s not have meat products in the fridge,” they say. “Don’t put them in the fridge,” I say, “put them straight in my bowl.”
They just don’t get it.
If there are no more contributions from me, it may well be because I’ve faded away through malnutrition: we all know whose fault it will be.
To commiserate with Eddie, or send him some survival tips, email [email protected]
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05