PROPERTY prices in Spain have increased by 3.8% in the first quarter of 2018 year-on-year, with Madrid leading the way.
The capital saw prices increase by 17% in the first three months of this year compared to the same period in 2017.
Palma de Mallorca wasn’t far behind, with a 14.7% price increase.
They were followed by Barcelona with a rise of 11%, and Pamplona with 10.4%.
Meanwhile, transactions in Madrid and Barcelona are at their highest level since the property crash, according to real estate agency Lucas Fox.
New homes accounted for 50% of the agency’s total sales in the two cities and transactions across all Lucas Fox’s offices in Spain increased by 39%.
Asking prices have also risen across the country, including in Andalucia.
Madrid saw the largest quarter on quarter asking price rise at 7.8% to €3,540 per square meter and year on year prices are up by 21.3% – but they are still 12.3% down on the market highs of 2008.
Prices rose by 5.6% in Granada, by 5.2% in Logrono, while in Malaga they increased by 5%, in Palma by 4.8%, in Valladolid by 3.1%, in Zaragoza by 3% and in Sevilla by 2.2%.
Prices fell by 0.3% in Bilbao, by 0.4% in Badajoz and by 0.5% in Oviedo.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22