A GROUP of thugs have burnt a popular Costa del Sol beach club to the ground.
It came after they tied the security guard up and beat him severely.
After setting a blaze to the club, the suspects moved the guard outside of the club so he wouldn’t be burned alive.
The attack happened at around three in the morning on Sunday at Heaven Beach Club, which is located on the beach of Guadalmansa.
It is a popular club that was frequented by Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown, who was born in Marbella.
There were only two workers on the premises who apparently worked in security.
One of them heard a noise and, when he went out to take a look, he was surprised by hooded men, who tied him up.
The other employee managed to escape and called for help.
After immobilizing the victim, the assailants beat him several times and snatched some personal belongings.
They then sprayed a mattress with a flammable liquid and set it on fire.
The flames spread all over the property, which was built with African reeds.
Despite efforts to put out the fire, its material meant it quickly burnt to the ground.
The investigation continues.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27