A GROUP of thugs have burnt a popular Costa del Sol beach club to the ground.
It came after they tied the security guard up and beat him severely.
After setting a blaze to the club, the suspects moved the guard outside of the club so he wouldn’t be burned alive.
The attack happened at around three in the morning on Sunday at Heaven Beach Club, which is located on the beach of Guadalmansa.
It is a popular club that was frequented by Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown, who was born in Marbella.
There were only two workers on the premises who apparently worked in security.
One of them heard a noise and, when he went out to take a look, he was surprised by hooded men, who tied him up.
The other employee managed to escape and called for help.
After immobilizing the victim, the assailants beat him several times and snatched some personal belongings.
They then sprayed a mattress with a flammable liquid and set it on fire.
The flames spread all over the property, which was built with African reeds.
Despite efforts to put out the fire, its material meant it quickly burnt to the ground.
The investigation continues.
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05