RIOJA exports increased by 4% last year, new figures show.
Over 108 million litres were shipped out, with most growth seen in newer markets such as Russia, which was up by 40% and China, which is up by 17%.
However, the growth was not just to emerging markets, with the UK also increasing its importation of Rioja by 3.2% on 2016.
Sales of white and rose grew by 61% and 42.3% by volume respectively in the UK.
Rioja makes up 31% of all Spanish DO-labelled wine exports with its average bottle price 49% higher than other Spanish DO wines.
In the UK, Rioja accounts for nearly half (49%) of all Spanish wine sold by value with a bottle setting you back on average £6.79, in comparison to the overall average wine price of £5.64.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00