ORGANIC producer Finca La Torre, in Bobadilla, near Antequera has produced the ‘best extra virgin oil’ for the fifth time in six years.
Awarded by the Ministry of Agriculture, the prestigious Food Awards of Spain recognises the incredible quality of the oil, which is sold abroad in 25 countries, including South Korea, Australia and the Middle East.
The Swiss-owned company, which owns 380 hectares of olive trees, has seen its turnover triple over the past three years.
Sales have gone from €400,000 in 2014 to €950,000 in 2017, with the company estimating it will turnover €1.2 million in 2018.
The success of the oil is put down to local agronomist Víctor Pérez, who uses only the very best oil from the estate’s 33,000 trees, which include Hojiblanca, Arbequina, Cornicabra and Picudo varities.
The estate sits on the site of a 2,000 year old Roman olive farm between the two natural parks of Torcal and Fuente de Piedra.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00