THE driver who ran over and killed German cyclist Christoph Bohnen has been
been released from jail after paying €10,000 bail.
Anais Marco Batalla, 28, claims she was dazzled by the sun when driving on the MA-15 and did not see the group of cyclists when she crashed into them.
Batalla failed a roadside drug test after the incident and admitted smoking a large quantity of cannabis on the night before the accident.
As part of the bail terms Batalla must give up her passport, agree not to leave the island and report to the court on the 1st and 15th of each month.
- Activists propose daily tax for Balearic cruise ship passengers - 26 May, 2018 @ 21:02
- Branson embraces Balearic life while Necker Island is rebuilt - 26 May, 2018 @ 18:44
- Chinese film industry eyes up purchase of Spanish locations - 26 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- Podemos leader faces confidence vote after ‘luxury’ home purchase - 26 May, 2018 @ 12:13
- Stunning Kensington pine walk property goes on the market in Pollensa - 25 May, 2018 @ 17:13
- Magaluf hit-and-run Brit is younger sister of expat drug lord - 25 May, 2018 @ 13:13
- Balearic president to meet with airlines to safeguard resident discounts - 25 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- Airport group goes public with concerns over transporting drunk passengers - 24 May, 2018 @ 16:44
- British tourists warned over balcony antics in new safety video - 24 May, 2018 @ 14:37
- British bar managed arrested over the death of Northern Irish tourist in Magaluf - 24 May, 2018 @ 12:33